On Sunday, my wife Caryn turned 40.
I decided to give her a very special gift, and forgive me if I brag, because it came at a huge effort.
I secretly wished her a Happy Birthday for every day for a year.
This was a very difficult challenge at times. I’d like to share this with you.
There are 6 videos, one for each decade she’s been alive, plus a special one for sentimental reasons. I’ve included the first video of the play list here, but you can find them all at its.Caryns.40th.Today.
Nothing was faked, every video was filmed between midnight and midnight every single day.
I turned the videos into a game at times, including “Achievements to Unlock”, hiding 40 references to pop songs and 40 pink flamingos.
- Day 24: At the Big Merino on the way back from MoodlePosium 2015.
- Day 40: Filmed on a Qantas flight to Melbourne (then to Hobart) for OSDC15.
- Day 46: Actually catching Caryn in the background of my video.
- Day 60: The BuzzConf After Party joins me in dancing to Walk Like An Egyptian.
- This is why I love BuzzConf.
- Plus I had Melbourne band Big F’cking Robots dance with me on Day 60 as well.
- Day 69: Blondes have more fun.
- Day 125 & 126: Backwards Diet-Coke-Mentos Fountains!
- Day 146: A Star Trek tribute.
- Day 168: My take on The Parent Trap.
- Day 171: Filming at night.
- Day 180: The stars align as Day 180 falls on March 14 and I film at 6:28 – yes it’s πday madness!
- Day 212: I attempt arson at Macquarie Fields TAFE.
- Day 231: A Star Wars tribute (on May the Fourth).
- All of Video Five as I ask our family and friends to participate. In particular:
- All of Video Six. Grab your tissues.
I hope you enjoy!